Saturday, September 17, 2005

31 years young...

So, I am 31 years old now.
No fighting it anymore.
It is a reality I will have to live with.
I am getting older.

On a positive note, the presents are getting even better. :o)

My very thoughtful husband got the whole family to chip in a buy me a Kitchen Aid mixer. Oh yes, my dream present for 5 years. An Almond Cream, 5 qt. mixer with 3 attachments. This thing is so fancy you could ride it to town.

I love to cook, but mostly I like to bake. Cookies, pies, breads, you name it! And now I have this wonderful mixer to help me on my way.

Then I got thinking. Was this gift completely altruistic? I don't think so. It occurred to me that I hear the following comments often "Aunt Lynnie, you make the best Apple Pie ever!", "Gee Lynn, I think this cake was even better than the last one.", "Hey Lynn are you making Christmas cookies this year, or maybe a Black Bottom Pie?". Altruistic my foot! The "Lewandowski Bakery" has already gotten several requests.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

I also got the most beautiful gold necklace from my parents. My father hand picked it out and it has Our Lady of the Brown Scapular on one side and the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the other. I've never owned a piece of jewelry that will allow me to witness to my faith just by wearing it. (Of course, I have to limit how I wear it. Stephen, now 9 months old, is grabbing for everything.) The fact that my father picked it out tells me two things: He has incredible taste and he knew what gift would be so precious to me.

We celebrated with the entire family, minus my sis who lives in NYC (boo hoo, sniff), and it was so wonderful for my everyone to be together. My in laws, my parents, my husband and kiddos and my oldest sis and her family.

What a way to usher in my 31st year. I am blessed. Not worthy, but blessed.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!

KitchenAid mixers rule! Wait until do some bread in it...heavenly!