Sunday, December 01, 2013

First week of Advent...A New Day in the New Liturgical Year.



Today I listened to a song that I just LOVE.

My husband first played this song for me when we were engaged.

Tonight I listened to the words, really TRULY listened with my ears and my heart.

I want to share the song and lyrics because they remind me of the reason for the Advent/Christmas season.

Enjoy.

You Are the New Day - King Singers


You are the new day,
You are the new day.
Meekness, love, humility
Come down to us this day:
Christ, your birth has proved to me
You are the new day.

Quiet in a stall you lie,
Angels watching in the sky
Whisper to you from on high:
“You are the new day.”

When our light is darkest night,
Hope has burned away,
Love, your ray of guiding light,
Show us the new day.

Love of all things great and small,
Leaving none, embracing all,
Fold around me where I fall,
Bring in the new day.

This new day will be a turning point
For every one,
If we let the Christ-child in
And reach for the new day.

Christ, the Way, the Truth, the Life,
Healing sadness, ending strife,
You we welcome, Lord of life.
Born on a new day,
You are the new day.

No comments: