Monday, August 28, 2006

Half a decade...

Happy Birthday Isabella!

It seems like just yesterday that my water broke and Marc was rushing home to take me to the hospital.

Almost 24 hours, 3 epidurals and surgery prep later I heard a throaty cry. It was the most beautiful sound in the world. Isabella was born: 8 pounds 2 ounces, 21 inches long.

What a blessing she has been. She has brought us so much joy. She has taught us love, understanding, patience and the value of life. She came into our life and brought so much meaning.

All the “tough” times have been outweighed by exciting milestones: First teeth, first steps, potty training, first day of preschool, giggles and many, many “I love yous”.

God works in mysterious ways. At one time Marc and I wondered if we would be good parents. We prayed for her while she was in my womb and it is us who have been blessed. God has created a little girl with so much joy, and endless energy, and an innocent outlook on life with so much wonder.

So here we are, 5 years later and it fills me with gratitude and a sense of melancholy. She is growing up. She will enter Kindergarten this year and has two loose teeth!

She is the embodiment of Faith. Children are hopeful and loving and eager to learn. Although it is hard to watch your children grow up, I am thankful for every moment with her.

So today our family is celebrating Isabella’s birth, and all the blessings in our life which have come from that wonderful day!

No comments: